At FinTech Network’s Customer Experience Conference (#CXC2016), Paul Laughlin chaired a panel on Customer Insight with 3 experienced FS digital CX leaders.
Joining Paul for this debate were:
- Lucy Donaldson (Head of Customer Experience, Strategy & Planning for Lloyds Banking Group);
- Ian Hood (Head of Digital for Fidelity International);
- Robin Peters (Business Planning & Development Director, UK Digital for Aviva).
All shared a passion to improve customer centricity & digital capability.
Together they discussed how Customer Insight can guide effective digital design & customer experience.
Key themes that emerged were:
- There is a need to converge both research & analytics evidence, to generate a clear insight into customer purpose;
- Ongoing UX testing & analytics monitoring is needed to ensure designs work & remain true to insights;
- Digital (including mobile) offers a significant opportunity for personalisation & relevant timing/location comms;
- Executing on these opportunities effectively, requires cross-functional cooperation & iterative refinement;
- A range of metrics is needed to ensure tracking CX effectiveness, this cannot be reduced to NPS tracking.
Thanks to those participants & the many interesting speakers sharing candidly at this event.
As per usual, a full debrief on lessons from the conference has been published on Customer Insight Leader blog.