Every business that we help is different and so what’s needed can vary. For that reason, the best place to start is normally for us to have a conversation, about what you are trying to achieve and your current situation. Only then can we recommend services.
From the softer skills that analysts need to drive action on insights, to specialist topics like GDPR & Conduct Risk. Laughlin Consultancy can provide the training your team needs & enable you to embed best practice in your culture.
Setting the right strategy, benchmarking your capability or solving business problems. All can be good reasons to engage experienced leaders as expert consultants. Laughlin Consultancy offers both proven best practice models & practitioner experience to help you make the right decisions.
Leading a Customer Insight function is a challenging role, requiring a wide range of skills & knowledge. Drawing on a wealth of experience, our mentoring service offers the support & advice needed to get up the learning curve. A bespoke programme of monthly mentoring sessions will enable you to identify your needs, learn new skills & grow into being fully effective in your role.
Qualified Executive Coaching can help busy executives achieve and sustain their peak performance. It is not remedial, not for ‘problem’ leaders or those who need a crutch to lean on. A better metaphor is sports coaches.
Paul Laughlin has been an international speaker, at conferences across UK, Europe & USA for over 15 years. Focussed on topics including Customer Insight, Leadership, Data, Analytics, Data Science, Research & Database Marketing.
However, to give you an idea of the kind of services that are available from Laughlin Consultancy, here are a few examples that we have found help clients overcome value barriers:
- A “Health Check” on your company’s Customer Insight capability. Comparing it to best practice models and identifying any gaps which might be barriers to creating more value.
- Customer Insight Strategy. One with input from your leadership team, which aligns your customer insight priorities and investment with realising your commercial strategy.
- Communicating insights. Tailored mix of consultancy & training to suit the needs of your organisation (often identified through health check). Transferring the skills to transform your ‘wallpaper Powerpoint’ into sustained delivery of compelling reports, which engage your senior leaders or clients, and result in action.
- Training for customer insight teams can also help some businesses. For example, learning how to use analytics and research together, to generate deeper insights, or new challenges for Financial Services companies like using Behavioural Economics understanding to improve your communications.
- Career paths for customer insight roles. Designed around your organisation and its needs, a suite of role profiles, competencies and career paths, so that all levels of analysts & researchers in your team can see how to progress.
- Bespoke consultancy. Because every business is different, we also deliver flexible, consultancy that is tailored to help you with your particular business challenge.
Several of these services could sound like one-off interventions, that then leave you to your own devices to deliver value in future.
For that reason, Laughlin Consultancy also offers coaching services:
- a qualified executive coach to work with your customer insight leader. Coaching will ensure they know how to drive value from their customer insight team and sustain that value generation in future;
- on-boarding coaching, to help new leaders get up to speed with their customer insight responsibilities and be recognised as effective in their roles after their first 90 days.