Paul Laughlin, from Laughlin Consultancy, has been published in the Winter 2015 edition of Argent magazine from The Financial Services Forum (FSF).
In a lead article, entitled “Changing Behaviours“, Paul outlines the risks & opportunities that Behavioural Economics offers to leaders in the FS sector.
As part of an issue focussed on “The essence of leadership”, he argues for balance in both identifying opportunities & responding to FCA challenges. Spotting times where a risk management requirement can be turned into a commercial opportunity. The article provides leaders an insight into:
- Mixed reception to hype over Behavioural Economics (BE);
- FCA’s definitions of 10 BE biases they prioritise;
- Why FS & Insurance are particularly vulnerable to decision making biases;
- Opportunities for collaboration with the FCA;
- How you research team can help.